Get a Quote
Thank you for your request for a quote.
The city of Wellington is a growing business hub, with business people frequently flying to and from different parts of the world, to attend conferences, products launches and corporate events. These factors have driven many hotels and function centres in the city to provide extensive event facilities at a competitive rate. There are hundreds of event venues spread across the metropolis, but only a few of them tick all the boxes for being the best among the rest. Transport your delegates and guests conveniently to one of these handpicked venues, by using bus charter in Wellington today.
The Thistle Inn – Wellington
Minutes from the Westpac Stadium, the historic tavern, features gastropub dining, boutique conference facilities and function rooms ideal for corporate events. Dating back to mid-19th century, it is the oldest surviving tavern in New Zealand, nestled in an elegantly polished interior which naturally blends the appeal of traditional wooden floor and windows with a modern freshness. The chef of Thistle offers classic platter fare and gourmet dining in the informal dining room.
On the upper level, there is an exceptional conference facility for up to 30 people, and for a special event, you can hire the Private Dining Room, Conservatory Courtyard and the Main Bar. For a cocktail style event the warm climate of the city is perfect, and one cannot get a more authentic hospitality experience, as in Thistle Inn.
The Great War Exhibition Function Venue
Providing a tremendous backdrop for any sort of event, the Great War Exhibition Venue requires very little to impress your delegates in a beautifully themed area. The venue is housed inside the dramatic Dominion Museum building, which can cater up to 80 guests for a seated event and 150 for a cocktail-style event. There’s an on-site public cafe, catering to the requirements of guests as per their choice.
If you book a corporate event at this venue, you would also be giving them a tour of the Great War Exhibition, taking you on a journey through the phase of World War I, through amazing exhibits designed by Peter Jackson.
With enticing harbour views and modern conveniences, the Intercontinental Wellington, located next to the harbour waterfront is the 5 star hotel in Wellington. It is positioned right in the heart of the city, with a host of famous attractions. There are plenty of guest rooms and suites to accommodate your delegates and extensive conference facilities as well.
A total of 9 function rooms are available on hire, offering flexible spaces for a variety of functions, seminars and meetings, in a naturally lit room. In a variety of arrangements, it can accommodate up to 400 people, with excellent business services also available onsite.
Wellington Airport Conference Centre
Travelling from the airport to the city centre can be time consuming for the delegates, but with well-appointed facilities at the Airport itself, you need not worry about anything. This function venue offers a variety of spaces in all shapes and sizes, catering for small groups as well as large corporate events.
Following rooms are available on hire at the Conference Centre:
- The Executive Boardroom: Overlooking the Lyall Bay and runway, this is the most prestigious room in the centre, with leather recliners, ideal for small sized event.
- The Sunderland Room: Offering a versatile floor space, this room is generally combined with the Viscount room and De Havilland room to cater larger groups.
- Catalina And Skyhawk: Ideal for small meetings and team lunch before departing to another city.
Dockside Bar and Restaurant Function Venue
From the grand and elaborate to casual and intimate, the team at Dockside is always ready to assist you in planning a corporate event of any size. They take pride in ensuring everything runs faultlessly, so that you can soak up the atmosphere of the venue and have a good impression on your guests. Table setting, sounds, curated wine lists and extensive menu choice can be decided in advance to make sure the event is unique in a way you desire. Three function spaces are available at the Dockside:
- Main Deck: The versatile and timeless nature of this waterside deck area makes it an ideal choice for any event, be it a sit down dinner or a cocktail party. The elegant wooden tables and floors, retractable roof and fireplace make this paradise a shelter to enjoy expansive views of the harbour. It has a seating capacity of 150 people, and 300 for a stand-up event.
- Private Room: ideal for intimate get togethers, sit down dinners, corporate meetings and lunches, this elegant, yet small space offers a private ambiance in a small gathering.
- Upstairs Restaurant: Providing an elevated view of the sea and city from a couple of balconies, this space on the 3rd floor is posh with gleaming wooden walls and floors, and high ceiling, giving the place a sleek look. It’s an exclusive spot for large corporate events.
Wellesley Country Park
Host your next corporate event at one of the best kept secrets of Wellington, in the Wellesley Country Park. It is situated hardly 45 minutes from Wellington and is a peaceful getaway into the lap of nature and a ideal setting to celebrate. With a sparkling river running through it, the park is tucked neatly in a valley, hemmed in by green hills. You will have complete control on the event day, with it being a self-catering venue. Whether you are looking for a traditional or modern event, or something casual to formal, the venue has it covered for you. For a cosy ambiance in winter, the Grand Hall features a couple of open fireplaces.
Make use of the secluded, peaceful nature of the Wellesley Country Park, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and let your delegates soak up the fresh ambiance. You can also organise for team building activities onsite, accommodating up to 120 people. Other key facilities include commercial kitchen, Riverside Terrace, Wellesley Cafe and The Country Hall.